||Increasing current 51% interest in three properties; Dorothy-Dobie Lake, Kasagiminnis Lake and Pickle Lake East to 70%
Hold 100% interest in the Dona Lake property plus two properties optioned to Tri Origin
||Gold - Three properties are adjacent to past producing gold mines and cover the favourable trends that hosted those mines
Technical Report: NI 43-101 Technical Report on the Pickle Lake Properties
A Dominant Land Position in Pickle Lake
The Pickle Lake gold properties are located in the Pickle Lake Greenstone Belt, part of the prolific Uchi Geological Subprovince, having historically produced over 30 million ounces of gold. The Pickle Lake gold properties consist of four non-contiguous claim groups comprised of the Kasagiminnis, Dorothy-Dobie, Pickle Lake East and Dona Lake properties that collectively cover an area of approximately 98 km2.
The Pickle Lake area includes four well-known high-grade past producing mines:
- Golden Patricia (0.45 M oz at 19.9 gpt Au)
- Dona Lake (0.21 M oz at 8.6 gpt Au)
- Central Patricia (0.65 M oz at 12.0 gpt Au)
- Pickle Crow (1.45 M oz at 16.1 gpt Au)
Kasagiminnis Lake Gold Property
In mid 2011, Manicouagan completed a Phase I and Phase II diamond drill program on its Kasagiminnis Lake Gold Property, located approximately 25 kms southwest of the past producing Dona Lake Mine, south of Pickle Lake, Ontario.
- Seven drill holes (964 m) tested a 250 m portion of the 1,300 m long gold bearing zone
- Each drill hole intersected the gold bearing horizon which ranges from 3 m to more than 15 m wide (true width)
- Confirmed the continuity of this portion of the Kasagiminnis main gold zone
- Four drill holes (1,019 m)
- Confirmed the down-dip extension intersected near surface continues to approx. 225 m
- Zone remains open at depth and along strike
The Phase II drill program was designed to test for the down-dip extension of the encouraging results from the Phase 1 drill program carried out earlier in 2011 (see MAM Press Release dated June 1, 2011).
The results confirm that the down dip extension of the mineralized zone intersected near surface continues to approximately 225 m and remains open at depth.
Previous work on the Kasagiminnis Property outlined a gold bearing iron formation with a strike length of over 500 m. Historical drill results included 19.9 grams per tonne gold over 1.4 m and 48.0 grams per tonne gold over 1.3 m from hole KAS-87-6. These results are based on public records and have yet to be verified by a Qualified Person on behalf of Manicouagan.
The Dorothy-Dobie Property - Highlights
- Contiguous with the past producing, high-grade, Golden Patricia Mine property (500,000 oz at 20.0 gpt gold)
- Hosts the 12 km long Golden Patricia Mine trend
- Includes 2 historical resources (non NI 43-101 compliant):
- Dobie Zone -- 301,000 tonnes at 5.5 gpt gold
- Dorothy Main Zone -- 230,000 tonnes at 6.17 gpt gold
- Mineralized zones are largely untested below 150m
- 16 holes (2,292m) drilled by Manicouagan - fall 2009
- Several additional targets are drill ready
- The Dobie Zone has bulk tonnage potential
The Dorothy-Dobie Property (Dobie Zone and Tonsil Prospect) covers the northwest extension of the gold bearing structure that hosts the past producing, high-grade, Golden Patricia Mine and includes several gold prospects which contain non NI 43-101 compliant gold resources.
- 2012 follow-up drilling planned on bulk tonnage gold exploration target
- Broad zones of gold mineralization encountered in holes DOB-09-10, 11, 13 & 14
Pickle Lake East Property
- Shallow drilling by Bond Gold in 1990 consistently intersected quartz veins with visible gold - over 800m of strike length
- The Tonsil Zone has drill tested over a strike length of 1,100 m and to a depth of approximately 200 m
The Pickle Lake East Property adjoins the past producing Pickle Crow Property that is currently being evaluated by PC Gold Inc. The claims were acquired to cover an area believed to host the possible extension of the gold bearing trend that includes the Central Patricia and Pickle Crow Mines.
Dona Lake Property
- Claims located along the boundary between Pickle Crow and Confederation Lake Assemblages; equivalent to Balmer and Confederation Assemblages that host majority of gold at Red Lake
- 2010 drilling confirmed the claims cover the strike extension of the gold bearing structure that hosts the Central Patricia and Pickle Crow Mines
- PC Gold recently announced a NI 43-101 compliant gold resource of 1.26 Moz
The Dona Lake Property adjoins Goldcorp's Dona Lake Mine, which between 1989 and 1994 was operated by Placer Dome and produced approximately 250,000 ounces from 0.94 million tonnes of ore.
- Airborne survey completed in 2011 -- several targets identified
- Drilling planned summer 2012
- On trend and contiguous to a past producing gold mine
- Located along the main iron formation that hosted the Dona Lake Mine
- One of the properties identified by the SRK and Geofine studies as having potential